samedi 1 avril 2017

Help Ending High Data Consumption of Exchange Services (Email)

Hello All,

I have an issue that is driving me bananas. Hopefully, the community can help.

I have noticed lately that my phone (Moto X) is eating through a LOT of data a lot faster than I am traditionally used to. I've traced it down to exchange services (email). It seems to be related to background data. As a short-term solution, I've turned off cellular data at all times because it just seems to eat through data, even if I am at home or at work with Wifi (on a separate note, I want my phone to always stay connected to a wifi network and I find when I don't use it for a while it will not do that, hence the need to turn off cellular data as a precaution).

An example of my problem: my data plan is for 2.5 GB per month. I share it with my wife, who uses about 400 MB. Last night, I forgot to turn off cellular data but should have remained connected to our home's wifi. I woke up this morning to see I received two notifications about reaching data warnings and upon examination, see that I went through just under 600 MB of data, while asleep!

I have 5 days to go and 100 MB left on our shared plan. ><

I've also disabled background services in the app. When I tap on app settings, it opens up a "edit with" window but there's nothing I can do, as no apps can perform this action.

I have 5 email addresses I use and get a fair chunk of email but it is still the background services part of it that is killing my data.

So my question is two parts:
1) how do I force my phone to always stay connected to a wi-fi network?
2) what can I do to make exchange services stop eating so much data?

Any help or advice would be most welcome!

Mr .Gisa


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question //forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=784486&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire