dimanche 27 novembre 2016

Still have internet access with wifi and data turned off

I'm new to my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and to data over cell phone towers so forgive me if this is a dumb question! I can turn wifi off using the pull down notification panel. I also can turn off mobile data by clicking its icon on the same panel. If I go to data usage in settings, 'Mobile data' is not checked and the icon in the top right has a line though it and no upload/download arrows. But I can load a new page in my browser just like normal. It is obviously using my data to access the internet since I can do it when no wifi is available. The only way I have been able to turn it off totally so it does not use data is to create a dummy APN and select it rather than my provider's APN. That does it since now it will show I have no internet connection when I try to load a page in the browser. That doesn't seem correct - am I right?

Well, I thought that was my problem...... In trying to recreate the situation I described above prior to posting, I now find I cannot use my mobile data at all! Mobile data is on, the proper APN is selected and the icon in the top right is showing without a line through it and with upload/download arrows (the icon is an "H" with arrows underneath - don't know what the H means but that's the way it was). So that's my current problem I need help with! So why can't I use mobile data now? My account is still good.

Thanks for any help

Doug


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2fqCIUt
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire