mardi 29 novembre 2016

No "LTE" icon - Galaxy A9(pro) 6 on T-Mobile (US) network

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here so please excuse me if this is a repetition or the wrong place.

I recently picked up the Galaxy A9(pro) 6 from Asia (Bangkok) while passing through duty-free. I must say I'm happy with the phone.

However, the "LTE" icon does not show on the status bar of the Galaxy A9(pro) 6. It only shows "4G". I am on with T-Mobile network in the US and my previous phone was Galaxy S4 (also from T-mobile) and it did show the "LTE" icon below "4G" in the status bar. We do get LTE coverage here where I am (my home) as per my previous usage of the Galaxy S4.

The Network mode is set to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)

Is it that Galaxy A9(pro)6 does not show the "LTE" icon as in, it's not part of the feature?
Are my settings correct or do I need to do something to get LTE?

I don't seem to be having a problem with my data as the speed/performance is pretty good. But I'm not sure if this is just 4G or 4G LTE?

Could anyone help and explain what's going on?

Thank you,

Kevin


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2gvZozP
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire