samedi 26 novembre 2016

Fix hard bricked non rooted Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini.

I have a S4 mini that I've been using for about 2 years. One day when I was playing some random game on it, with the battery life at around 50%, my phone suddenly turned off. Ever since then I haven't been able to turn it on or make it respond to anything.

I've tried different chargers and even 2 different batteries because I thought maybe it had something to do with the battery. Nothing happened.

I read that you can force it into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and the power buttons but nothing happens when I do that.

But it showed signs of life when I connected it to my computer via USB cable. It showed up as qhsusb_dload in device manager. The phone was still off and I couldn't really do anything but it gave me some hope.

I started googling it but all the results involved rooting, which I haven't done. The results said to enter download mode to flash stock firmware files(and other files) using Odin or similar programs. I tried to do that even though my problem isn't root related but soon bumped into the problem that I couldn't enter download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power buttons.

But one thing that helped me(I think) is when I downloaded QDLoader HS USB Driver. It made my phone show up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager instead of qhsusb_dload.

qhsusb_dload had a warning sign next to it in device manager but QDLoader HS USB Driver doesn't, which I think is an improvement.

But from here on I'm stuck. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this? Or is it over?


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2fAgc76
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire