lundi 31 décembre 2018

Headphone crackling popping noise

For weeks I have thought my headphones where damaged in some way because of a rhythmic crackling noise. After googling issues regarding noise from headphones and finding nothing I got to thinking myself. The issue occurred mostly when watching movies in bed and music with the phone in my pocket. It was sometimes just seemingly random and other times rhythmic. Trying to replicate the issue by turning, hitting, raising volume and sweeping frequencies on the phone yielded nothing. Then giving up I placed the phone on my chest and it started again. Why would proximity to my body make noise? Well it was the Nfc trying to start communications with my body. After testing it on other things like cards it did not make any noise and testing with other headphones was also silent. My headphones have higher than normal impedance and that plus nfc communication happening near body must somehow introduce interface on the headphone line. Disabling Nfc makes problem go away. That is one very specific problem that I couldn't Google for and hopefully if someone else has it they can solve it.

This specific issue was on an arm64 s7 edge using 250 Ohm headphones but I could see it happen on any device as there is interferance introduced somewhere and other boards might have similar issues.

TLDR: crackling headphone noise from Nfc near body go away after disabling Nfc.


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://bit.ly/2VtkFP4
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire