jeudi 28 février 2019

How do I keep my location from Google?

Hi,

I've been having a number of issues lately with my Samsung Galaxy S8 and Android location services. The issue started when I stopped sharing my location with my apps. I don't think all of that information should be available ton anyone all the time. Once I removed access from my apps, I started getting these pop-up notifications telling me that I should agree to share my location. It's hard to tell what exactly triggers these pop-ups, but they happen upwards of twenty times a day. I have disabled access to my location for a reason and would LOVE a permanent way to disable this feature.

I have tried:
• Disabling Google Location Services
• Turning location off
• Deleting google location service (wouldn't let me)
• Turning "Improve location accuracy" off

I'm at my whit's end here. This phone cost $1,000. I shouldn't have to sacrifice my own personal liberties on top of that in order to have a phone that works irrespective of whether or not Google and their affiliates can sell my personal data.

I work full time in software and am very tech savvy. I've been going back and forth to forums for ages trying to find a fix, but I'm about to throw this thing in the bin and buy a flip phone if somebody (anybody) can't fix this simple issue.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8
Software Version: 8.0.0
Samsung Experience Version: 9.0

If you need anything more, please reply and I will give it to you.

Thanks!


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2U8nHXM
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire