vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Possible Software update hack?

Hi all,

Leading up to this point there have been some very big red flags that there has been interest on my phone by a 3rd party.

Without getting into details I believe I am being targeted by a potential hacker.

After a bunch of sketchy things happening on my phone, I turned it off. An hour later I turned it on.

I got a software update notification. Normally I update it no prob but due to the earlier incidences I was suspicious.

I called HTC and AT&T and they said that the most current software version for HTC 10 is 2.51.617.11 which is my current one.

Nobody could explain why I was getting a software update for version 2.51.617.21 (titled "September Security update" ) that didn't exist in their system.

I tried googling the version number and got nothing. No rep could tell me if this was a future update being pre-downloaded. They said that they have not heard of anything like that.

My hope is that they didn't know what they were talking about and somebody here could clear this problem up?

Does anybody have a legit explanation on what is going on here?

Thank you

-androidallday


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2fX6gaN
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire