samedi 30 septembre 2017

Why do my emoji groupings/categories keep changing every so often?

So today my emoji categories completely changed, which now means it's taking 5-10 times longer to type a message to someone when using emojis. I now have to search through all the sub-categories to find the same emojis I had previously memorized as they were located in their previous categories/groupings/tabs.

This emoji re-arrangement happened after an OS update to Nougat about a year ago, but this time I did not update my OS, and double-checked my settings to make sure that no system updates have been mysteriously installed. (still on Nougat, and I will not be updating to Oreo as each OS update basically halves the speed of my phone - LG G5). I had finally found and memorized the categorical locations of all my favourite emojis, and was flabbergasted today to discover they have all been switched around...... again.

I checked recently updated apps, and the only potential culprit that has been updated in the last 24 hours is Switkey keyboard, but searches of their site says that they use the Android OS emojis, so I'm unsure if that could be the cause.

I have searched multiple terms/wording and multiple sites for an answer, but cannot seem to locate any examples of anyone else who is displeased by this periodic re-arrangement of emojis.

Does anyone know how to change this back, or at least shed some light on how and why this happens? I know that Google wants to get rid of the blob, but do they not know how frustrating and a massive time waste it is for their users to change the categorical placement of emojis every 6-12 months! I know basic threats mean nothing, but with the release of the latest iPhone, it is seriously making me consider switching back to Apple.

Thanks in advance!


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2hDGa09
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire