dimanche 30 septembre 2018

How to prevent Android from restoring the default app dialog after app updates?

I have had a number of Android phones and on all of them I have noticed the same problem. When there is more than one app listed for opening a file type (say PDF), Android offers me a dialog to choose the app for opening that filetype.After I choose the app (say Acrobat Reader) and also choose to open PDF files with Acrobat Reader "ALWAYS" (not "JUST ONCE"), this setting sticks until I manually update Acrobat Reader. After such an update, the same dialog opens again and I have to choose "Reader" and "ALWAYS" again. I have seen the same with practically all file types (DOC, XLS, MP3 etc.) after any app that can open such files is updated. I do not want to choose again and again – it would be nice to have the filetype open with the chosen app automatically without any dialog (until I reset the defaults manually). Is there an option to prevent this dialog from reappearing after every such app update?


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2OkFo6U
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire