mercredi 31 août 2016

How do I restore S6 Active texts, contacts and app data?

My S6 Active (14 months old - 2 past warranty) just flaked out.
I'm not going to go into details about that, but after a few visits to the ATT store, they suggested I should do a master reset to see if it helped. It didn't. But now I don't have my contacts, texts, or app data and I'd like to get some or all of it back.

Before resetting:
1. I made sure backups was enabled to my google account.
2. I plugged my phone into a computer and copied the entirety of it's contents to a folder on my hard drive (about 9GB of data), with no errors.
3. I used an app (App Backup and Restore) that advertised backup and restore functions with all data being saved to my google drive.

After the reset, I associated the phone with my google account. All my apps were restored, but no data for the apps. Also no contacts or texts were restored.
I tried using the app that backed up my data to my google drive. It just created new, empty folders on my google drive with the same names as the original folders. I still have the data from the first backup, but the support for the company says it doesn't work that way and that I can't restore anything.

So.... my question is: Can I restore any of my app data, contacts, photos, or texts with the information I originally copied to my hard drive? If so, can someone help with telling me which folders to restore? (or should I try just restoring all 9GB of data?)


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2bWMfyT
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire