mercredi 29 juin 2016

Battery draining very fast, seems related to Google Services

Hello to all,

I'm experiencing a weird behavior in my Android phone, with a huge battery drain, possibly caused by Google Play Services and Google Services. To make it easier to explain, my situation here is a list of some information:

- My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, has about 3 years old
- I'm running Android 2.3.6
- Auto-sync is always off, just keep the background data option activate
- Rarely use wifi, mostly when I'm at home, without any signal issues
- GPS is usually off, I only turn it on in some car trips, very rarely
- Location services are always off

Usually with these settings, I always managed to keep my phone running for more than a day. In general, I turn it off when I go to sleep, but sometimes I forgot. Still, battery usage was not significant when I wake up. My phone has few apps, nothing too heavy in my opinion.

I have some apps for maintenance, thought it was worth to name them:

- I keep Avast antivirus, with shields on, but running scan manually from time to time
- I have Juice Defender, that is supposed to help saving battery
- Also, have 3G Watchdog to keep an eye on my data consumption
- Finally, I have Clean Master, but with all its automatic features off. From time to time I use the junk cleaner, and the memory boost when I feel RAM usage is high.

Important to notice that I have these apps since the beginning, and never noticed them with high RAM usage or affecting battery life.

Recently I bought a SD card to store my pictures.

Since last week, I have noticed that my phone was heating a lot. At first, I thought it could be a battery problem. But then I decided to look at RAM usage in Clean Master, noticing Google Play Services was using a lot (at first, it was at the excluded list). Added to the list and cleaned RAM.

Still, battery drain was above normal. From the typical scenario that it was lasting more than a day, it was almost empty in 4 hours! Checking at the Battery status, I could see it sometimes occupying almost 90% of battery.

I tried to look at internet and look for suggestions. It seems that many other people are suffering from that,some claim they have solved it after a factory reset, something I would like to avoid for now.

I even tried to uninstall Google Play Services, and then reinstall it from Play Store. Strange enough, now it does not appear at Battery list, but now a plain Google Services shows as top battery drainer. Was thinking of doing the same, but couldn't find it in Playstore.

I have tried to check many options. For example, I tried the Custom Power Saving feature, but still no help. Strangely enough, after trying this option, my screen now dims a little after some seconds, and then it goes off. But, when I press the home button some seconds after it turns off, instead of going to lock screen it just returns to the previous screen I was. This is a behavior I never noticed before...

Also tried to clean Google Play Store cache. It occupies almost 100 Mb, cache is 47 Mb itself. But as soon as I clean it, I notice it growing again.

Today I'm trying with Energy Saving mode, after charging my battery to 100% all night. It seems it helped a little, but even after other charging at work, now battery is almost over.

Can anybody give me a suggestion?


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/294S2zy
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire