vendredi 30 décembre 2016

Buy a new phone or restore 1.5 year old Note 4 by buying new motherboard?

Hi! I bought my Samsung Note 4 last May 2015, and 2 days in I sent it back to the dealer because it was so hot while it was updating and charging. *First time owning a Note 4 so pretty weirded out, it didn't help that some Chinese phones had blown up in the area due to the battery*. Anyway, dealer sent it back to me and said that it was fine. At this time I noticed that it would jump from 15% to 8% to 4% and then 0 within a span of 30 minutes on standby (even if it's literally almost off). Fast forward to June 2016, the usb port got a little wet but I put it off immediately and I put it in rice for 3 days before putting it on. Again, it worked fine for me. October 2016, got myself a memory card since the 16GB internal memory was too small for the updates and the phone had started to lag. Things were fine but occasionally my phone would get hot after playing a bit of music and it would skip from 20% to 4% within an hour of standby. First week of December 2016, the phone had started to overheat regularly and the battery was draining really fast even on standby. (I'm a really light user, on average I only text about 20 messages a day and I barely get calls, if I do they're super short. I don't take pictures often either, so most of the time I'm just connected to facebook and texting). My phone was still working, but battery drained within 3 hours on stand-by. It hasn't gotten wet since the incident in June so I sent it over to an authorized Samsung repair shop and they told me that it was unrepairable and that the motherboard had been fried. They wouldn't tell me how or why it was fried but when they sent it home to me it would just open to the Samsung logo and then turn off and start again. I looked up the things to do, and I'm convinced that my phone fried due to overheating since the repair shop can't trace how. Would you recommend that I buy a new motherboard or should I just buy a new phone? If you think I should buy a new phone, any suggestions? I'm really disappointed with what happened to my Note 4, I thought that the money I spent on it was a good investment because I thought it'd last me atleast 2 years.

P.S. Aside from that one incident in June, the phone hasn't been anywhere near water or hot places. I don't keep it in my pockets either, I'm either holding it or it's in my bag.


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question //forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/758042-buy-new-phone-restore-1-5-year-old-note-4-buying-new-motherboard-new-post.html
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire