dimanche 31 mars 2019

Cannot open multiple site pages with Google search bar

Hi all,

I use the Google search bar widget on my home screen. Before updating to Pie, I used to be able to use it to open multiple pages from different websites. Provided I didn't close any of them, I could access any of them by pressing the recently used apps button on the left of the home button.

To give an example, previously on Oreo, I would look up, say, "Bubble tea" on the Google search bar and from there, go to the Wikipedia on bubble tea. Then I'd be able to press the recently used apps button, go back to the Google search results listing and go to, say, bubbletea.com (I'm just inventing some random site).

I could open as many different websites as I want and as long as I do not close any website (i.e. I don't press the "x"), all the sites would be open for me to visit anytime I want.

In fact, if I choose to press the home button and start a new search with the Google search bar, the old websites would still be open and I could refer to them. I could use split screen on the pages.

Now I cannot do this on Pie. For split screen, it has to be with a different app. In fact, now there is no separate Google search list page. Once I go into a website, that's the only page I have. And the moment I start a new search from the search bar, the website I was on completely disappears.

The only way to look it up is to go via Recently Opened pages which is not only a hassle to find but doesn't preserve the data. What I mean by this is that on Oreo, I could be typing something halfway on a website and i could go and Google search something and then come back to the initial page with my half-typed sentence intact.

Even while typing this question, it slipped my mind and halfway through, I went to look up something using the search bar and found that this whole page had disappeared. Along with my question.

So, can anyone help? Is there a way to get multiple Google pages open with Pie? Please don't just say to use Chrome, because it would be a lot quicker with the search bar as it's on my homepage. I've tried changing the settings to make the search results open in chrome tabs but that means you'd have to manually close each tab whereas in the past, I could just press "close all apps" for all my Googled sites.

I hope there is some way to revert back to the old conveniences that I just haven't figured out.

Thanks for your time in reading this and I hope to hear back from someone soon.


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2UmOqmO
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire