lundi 30 mai 2016

How do I delete a DISABLED Google account from my phone?

I recently left a job at a company that used Gmail for corporate e-mail, and gave us all company Google accounts. Before I had gotten around to deleting my old work Google account from my Android 5.0.1 phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), the company deleted/disabled my account. No biggie, you would think, since the primary account on the phone is my personal gmail account, not the company one, which I just had there as a secondary account so I could check my work e-mail on my phone.

However... I am unable to delete the account from my phone. Whenever I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google, I get an error "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." I think it's probably the fact my secondary account is now disabled that is causing the attempt to open my Google Account Settings to fail.

Now, I'm stuck in this weird mode on my phone where I am constantly getting error messages on my phone saying "Account Action Required" and asking me to enter my login information for my old work account. When I do sign in, it tells me "This Google Account has been disabled. ..." Yes, I know, Android, and I even know why, but you won't let me delete it!

Most annoying is that I CANNOT use the Hangouts app, even with my personal gmail account, because every time I open it I get a message saying "A change in your account requires that you sign in again", asking me for my old secondary account info, and then when I log in, I get the "this account has been disabled" error and it won't let me go further in the app.

Please help, how on earth do I delete a DISABLED, no-longer valid Google account from my phone?


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/1sGXZuR
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire