jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Updated Android on my S7 Edge - 98% RAM usage and glitchy system

Got a notification for a new update for my Android system some days ago, and finally decided to update today.

However, after the update succeeded, I got greeted by 98+% RAM usage (78mb free of 4GB), sluggish performance, Android system draining 41% battery, Samsung keyboard keep disappearing and Wi-Fi struggling to keep a stable connection. It's been like this for about 3 hours now.

Even after a reboot it returns to the 98% usage and constant battery draining. Tried to close all apps, force shutdown on all my normal apps using RAM (Snapchat, Messenger etc) but they just reappear with the same RAM usage. The phone ends up being almost unusable becuase of the performance.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is to let it work trough the night, might be background installing and management of some sort after the update. Don't want to do a factory reset, as it would take ages to download all my apps again. But if this is the last resort, then okay, but from my experience this too won't fix anything as the update still is installed in the system.

Build number: MMB29K.G935FXXU1BP12

Core version: 3.18.14-9113173

And obviously Android 6.0.1


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2dpWR7X
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire