mercredi 28 février 2018

Pixel 2 - Use Wi-Fi that's not an Internet Connection without requiring a popup

I sometimes need to connect to a Wi-Fi network with my Pixel 2 phone that is not an Internet connection. When I first connect to this network, my phone is authenticated and I get an IP address on the Wi-Fi subnet, but I'm still unable to connect to the device I need to access on that network (in this example, it's an HTTPS web server).

Eventually (after a few seconds or so), a popup appears that says "This network has no Internet access. Stay Connected?" If I select "yes" on this warning, I can successfully connect to the HTTPS server. In this popup, there's also a checkbox for "Don't ask me again for this network". If I check that box before clicking "yes", I can connect to the network that one time, but any later attempts at connecting to this WiFi network get me stuck in the earlier state (I'm authenticated with an IP, but restricted from accessing the server). Since I requested to no longer see the popup, I can no longer choose to "connect anyway". The only way I can reconnect to the WiFi network successfully is to "Forget" the WiFi network and then reconnect, which requires me to re-enter the password again (not the end of the world, but not ideal).

Essentially, I'm looking for a way to always allow connections to a WiFi network, even if it's not an Internet connection (without the popup being required). I've dug through the WiFi settings on my phone, but I don't see an option to do this. Has anyone else run into this issue?


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2HRn1QX
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire