mercredi 28 février 2018

Contact names and images disappeared from Messages - just number showing. Not due to an update.

I set in motion a migration of my mail from yahoo.com to gmail.com on my computer. Then on my phone I get a notification that my backup needs sorting - can't recall exactly what but I think I checked the boxes that said backup to my Google account.

THEN... I went into my Messages and most of the texts no longer have a name and image associated with them - just a phone number. It's like it has stopped syncing or linking to my Contacts. Some of them are there - older numbers - so I guess that any numbers added since I got this phone 2 years ago have un-linked.

I have checked in my Contacts and on Google and all contacts are fortunately still there, intact, not deleted.

If I create a text message I can select the contact successfully yet, still the associated name does not show next to the message in my inbox.

I have gone into a couple of messages, then into the associated number and it says "connected via Whatsapp". I can then click on a link icon and it brings up the option to connect the number via Google. Once I do this then things are back to normal for that contact - the name/image shows up next to their phone number in the Messages app.

So how do I link my Messages back to my Google contacts rather than just to my Whatsapp contacts?

Thanks for your help, this is making me so stressed out.


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2EXznsO
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire