mardi 31 octobre 2017

Free Space not clearing up

Hi there. I have a Storm STK 2E, Not the greatest but a usable phone until I can replace my Samsung that died.

Recently I got the warning of running out of space, so I did the usual of checking what apps I don't use anymore, Deleting Pictures, Clearing Cache, and so forth. But now none of that would release any of the free space.

I've now Uninstalled about 80% of the apps, deleted all Music, Pictures, and downloads, cleared the cache of all remaining apps, deleted 90% of sms' and wiped the cache partition but it still showing me as out of space.

Looking at the storage in the phone settings shows 7.8GB (Plugged into a computer shows 5,.5, but I assume the remainder is the Android OS partition ?) with Apps using about 4.5Gb of it, after uninstalling tonnes of apps as mentioned above that number doesn't change. in fact I've gone through the list of all apps, and added their used space together I don't even get 1gb of used space.

I have checked there is no LOST.dir folder, and have deleted the thumbnail cache. No matter how much I remove from the phone it believes there are 0MB free space, and the space usage shown by apps / media / etc doesn't change.

Obviously I cant install any new apps, and very occasionally already installed apps will open like they are freshly installed and re run through the setup wizard. Also if I add any shortcuts to the home screen they reset back to how it was after a few hours.

Anyone have any other suggestions before doing a system reset ?


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2hphtl2
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire