mardi 30 janvier 2018

Galaxy Note 2 stopped connecting to my wifi

Its OS 4.4.2 which it updated to automatically. Maybe thats the issue.

HOWEVER, the wifi works fine otherwise. We can have two iPads, an iPhone, a Windows tablet and the printer running simultaneously.

My Galaxy used to connect fine, but suddenly would not. When I manually sign into the SSID the wifi icon briefly appears at the top toolbar but disappears. Then the message "You are connected to ************" appears. The wifi switch is green but its not connected.

My phone will happily connect to any other wifi network I try, but not my home wifi.

So I conclude that (a) the wifi network, because it runs everything else, is fine, (b) my phone is fine, because it connects faultlessly to any wifi other than mine.

When I long-press on the home SSID in the available list, the only option is "Connect to this network". I don't get the "Forget this network" option.

I'm in the UK and the supplier is VirginMedia in case that is relevant, but I don't think it is because everything else connects to it (except the Amazon echo dot, but lets take one step at a time!)

The router has been reset, by me and by VirginMedia remotely. The phone has been fully shut down/restarted, and all other phone functions are fine. As I said, it connects to other wifi, just not mine.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks - Doug


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2DKE9Fv
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire