mardi 30 octobre 2018

Using ethernet mode only, with a gigabit USB-C to ethernet adapter (Tab S4)

Hello guys,
I am planning on buying the Galaxy Tab S4, 256 GB wifi only.

However I only use with my iPAD adapters that make the ethernet mode available. In the iPAD I can then put the device in airplane mode or simply disable wi-fi completely.

I was told first the Tab S4 would require these two adapters to work with ethernet mode:

#1 Ableconn - USB to Ethernet - USB2E100B (available in Amazon)
#2 AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB 3.1 Gen1 Female Adapter

Probably something to do with #1 's chipset.

However no one explained to me the following:

1) If I buy any USB-C to ethernet gigabit adapter (to get gigabit speeds) will they work with the Tab S4?

2) Does it need to be powered or will it work simply after I plug it to the Tab S4 USB-C port? In the iPAD the gigabit adapter needs me to connect to a USB 3.0 camera adapter from Apple, and in this same USB 3 adapter I need to plug a 2nd cable to power the thing. There's another combo (2 adapters) for the iPAD, but it's not gigabit.

When it's not gigabit the max speeds inside your own network is 12 MB/s. Very slow.

When it's gigabit (will require at least CAT 5-E ethernet cable + a wi-fi router) it can reach 100, 120 MB/s. Very fast. I use for streaming (PC to iPAD) or sending files, such as Blu-rays and 4K content.

This is an example of USB-C to ethernet (gigabit) adapter:

Anker USB-C Unibody Aluminum Portable 1-Gigabit Ethernet Port Network Adapter, 10/100 / 1000 Mbps Compatible, for MacBook Pro 2016, XPS, ChromeBook Pixel and More

Google for it and you'll find the Amazon page.

The question is... will this thing work (and in gigabit speeds) with the Tab S4?

If it works may I disable wi-fi/put in airplane mode and will continue working?

I realize I also need to ask this kind of question to the company that makes these adapters... but they haven't replied yet and it's likely they don't know the answer.

The reason I want ethernet is due to EMF pollution, RF radiation.


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2Q6dtVL
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire