lundi 25 septembre 2017

Nexus 5 won't turn on or charge, no bootloop

I've had my Nexus 5 since it was released in 2013. About two years ago I started getting a dreaded bootloop and determined it was the power switch failing. I had the power switch replaced and all my problems went away.

About 6 months ago I started seeing the symptoms of a failing power switch. Random reboots which would go into a bootloop which I could stop by smacking my phone or cleaning it with video cleaner.

But then I that was getting less effective so I finally had the power switch replaced again. I have tested the switch itself, and it does close the circuit when pressed. But I am still unable to turn on my phone. When its plugged in I dont see the charging battery icon either.

But if I let it sit for a while, and hold down on the power button occassionally it will turn on and I will see the google logo, but then it shuts down. I can also hold down power+vol down and somtimes turn on in recovery mode before the phone turns off.

I can only seem to keep the phone on for 1-4 seconds before it turns off.

I'm assuming that there must be some hardware damage somewhere. Perhaps its thermal related? I havent tried freezing or heating the logicboard yet, but am now considering that. I need to boot it up long enough to transfer a couple files.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might try?


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2k10ZDB
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire