mercredi 27 juin 2018

Irulu startup sounds stutters, and tablet is slow

Hardware: Irulu X11 QuadCore-A33
Firmware v3.3rc5
Kernel version: 3.4.39
Build number:LMY47V.20150918
Android version:5.1.1

My tablet has been like this since I got it, and I have done a hard reset and the situation is the same. The hard reset process took 20 minutes just to get to the welcome screen where it asks what language I want to use so I suspect this points at a hardware issue unless it is just down to the amount of software Irulu includes?

When I switch on the tablet, the Irulu startup sounds plays but stutters. When the tablet eventually starts up, which takes 5 minutes, it takes around 1 minute for the tablet to respond to any pressing on the screen I do. I am a very patient person with electronic devices, and am not pressing repeatedly. I press once to open the apps drawer and it takes 1 minute!
I have considered rooting the device to perhaps put on a more responsive version of Android but before I do so (I haven't ever attempted this before) I wondered if anyone else had a better suggestion. I'd rather not chuck it in the bin, I only want it to play Spotify but struggling even to do that.

I can't return the tablet under warranty and although it seems in very good condition physically I don't know how old it is - I bought it off someone on gumtree. They said they never used it, and I can understand why! It certainly is in great shape physically and even has the screen protector on still so I suspect they got frustrated trying to use it and just thought they'd get a bit of money for it. I don't want to sell it to someone else as it is.

Thanks!


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2lBqo4p
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire