mercredi 27 juin 2018

Why are weblinks opening in an app, when no app is installed?

Hi, switched from iOS to android three weeks ago and zero regrets! I'm running Android 8.1 on a Huawei P20.
I'm still getting used to android but the following is puzzling me:
In chrome, I access a website for news. While in chrome, I request the desktop site and I am transferred. I then proceed to create a link on the home screen using the "Add to home screen" chrome option and all is good. The icon has the chrome logo in the bottom right.
However, when I go to use this link from the home screen, it opens in an app... And I don't even have an app installed. There is no address bar on the process that opens. When I open recent tasks to see what is going on, chrome is there and so is the link I created (and just opened). It is a different process (separate to chrome). I say it opens as an app because when I swipe down on the home screen and search for RTE (the site I created the link to), I see the links appearing under "apps". How can this happen when I have so such app downloaded? Why aren't they just opening as a webpage? See picture for what I mean.
I discovered an option in phone settings to "open links in apps" and disabled it but the problem remains, even after creating a new link from scratch. Thanks for any ideas!
Attached Images


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2KoQ2aK
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire