jeudi 30 août 2018

Basic SMS Outgoing Format

Hi everyone!

Whenever I send a text message to someone, no matter who it is, I type everything correctly, like ã, é, õ, ç and all the special characters that my language has, and I also send emojis, as everyone else does.

My problem is that the receiver only receives normal letters without the special characters, a capital Ç and blank spaces instead of the emojis I've sent.

I've also had a popup message show up on Messages saying "to support a message from your carrier, the message needs to be converted" (or similar) and it makes you tap Yes or the message won't be sent.

This has me believing that for some reason, my Pixel "turned on an option" that only lets me send SMS in the most basic format possible, like it used to be back in the day, before SMS evolved to supporting emojis and all that. The only way I can send "emojis" is if I type ": - )" instead of choosing an actual emoji.

I've been in touch with my carrier (Vodafone) and they said there's nothing wrong with my SIM and that the problem should be on the phone, with a reasonable doubt.

Has anyone around here experienced a similar issue? I've tried everything I can remember, including a Factory Reset but nothing did the trick.

Best Regards and sorry for the long post!


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2C0gCnK
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire