dimanche 29 avril 2018

Google backup not working on my phones despite correct settings.

I have an Oppo R7 (Lollipop), Samsung Tab S and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (both Marshmallow) and a Xiaomi Mi 5 (Nougat) and I am having major problems with backing up settings, app data etc. to Google.

Firstly the Oppo is backing up regularly - no problems there.

The Tab S and Xiaomi phones are just not backing up at all. In Settings I have enabled Backup to Google and Automatic Restore and set the correct Gmail account. I have also ensured Google Drive is synced and that downloads/ uploads can use Wifi and Mobile data.

If I access Google Drive/Backups it shows the Oppo backup OK, and an old Redmi backup from several months ago (Nov). If I am accessing Drive from the Tab S or the Mi 5 it will tell me my device is not backed up and urges me to enable it in Settings. Also there had been an old Mi 5 backup (from February) which I deleted assuming this would trigger the backup process to revive.

In attempting to remedy this problem I have repeatedly checked the settings, sometimes switching them on and off, restarting. On the Mi 5 I have signed out of my Google account, restarted and signed back in. Each time I sign back in I am prompted to set up the Backup to Google which I do. I have also deleted data and cache from Drive, Google Framework, Play Services on advice from Xiaomi. Finally I reset the Mi 5 and built it up from scratch using my Playstore library. No luck!

Can anyone advise how to fix this problem?

Thanks


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2HFz2bJ
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire