jeudi 30 août 2018

Does anyone recognize this prompt? Is it malware

I regularly get a prompt on my android that looks like malware.

There is an icon of a police officer in the upper left corner. The text in the box reads
"Permission Required
Oops! We detected that some permissions are required for these tasks to work properly.

Required: MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS"

There are two buttons below the text. One is "Close", the other is "FIX IT!"

I always hit "Close"

I only use the google play store to download apps.

There was only one suspicious incident: In Las Vegas Airport Terminal C I tried to connect to the Boingo network. I got a "Bad Certificate" error but proceeded anyway. I was given a choice to pay for internet access or to watch an ad and get free internet access. I chose watch the ad. The ad never started, but the phone stalled for a few seconds. I started up my VPN and was able to browse the net.


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question https://ift.tt/2wqkIQu
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire