jeudi 31 août 2017

Can't answer incoming calls on Nexus 4

This problem has arisen suddenly after many trouble-free years using the Nexus 4.

When someone calls me, the phone rings, but the control that enables me to answer the call doesn't appear. And if the phone's screen is locked at the time, the incoming call doesn't automatically open it up to receive the call.

The only way I have found to answer the phone is:

1. If the screen was locked, unlock it.
2. Open up the dialer app.
3. Find my way to the dialer screen that offers a "Return to call in progress" button.
4. Hit that button.
5. Swipe right on the answer-the-phone control that finally appears.

I'm just not adept enough to make it through that whole sequence before the call goes to voice mail.

A few more details that may help:

1. The phone does "know" that it has received the call - the call goes into the list of missed calls.
2. My Nexus 4 is bluetooth-connected to some house phones, and I can answer on the house phones OK.
3. I've tried restarting in safe mode as suggested in some other forum threads. Didn't help.
4. My system is Android 5.1.1.
5. I think my dialer app is the one that came with the phone.
6. I have a spam-catching app called "Call Control". This was installed back when I got the phone and has never caused any trouble.

~ Thanks in advance for your help

~ Ken


from Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - Ask a Question http://ift.tt/2eI1JbD
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire